Hope for the Future of Children in Haiti, Inc.
Hope For The Future of Children in Haiti, Inc.
HOPE FOR THE FURTURE OF CHILDREN IN HAITI, INC
At HOPE FOR THE FUTURE OF CHILDREN IN HAITI, INC, we make a solemn commitment to the children in needs here in the United States and Haiti. We believe children are the future. That is why we place such a strong emphasis on better their lives everyday...
We help our children reach new heights by inspiring them to develop the desire and capacity to break the cycle of poverty and to become the best that they can be. It is our goal to develop future leaders among these children so that one day they can help make their community, their country a better place.
Unlike many organizations we are providing basic assistance; and so often vital. But honestly, it only acts as a temporary solution.
Our desire is to demonstrate to the world that there is a personal God who hears and answers prayer by meeting the needs of orphaned and abandoned children everywhere. We partner with many churches, organizations, families and individuals here in the state of Georgia to work together towards this goal.
Our children are often from breaking family; and so often, they have been abused and hurt. Through the work of our staff, we strive to make a difference in the lives of these children, giving them hope for an otherwise bleak future and the opportunity to reach their potential.
1.0. Goal of the project - Orphanage
Objectives and activities:
To support orphans and other vulnerable children to acquire education through sponsorship
• Pay school fees, uniforms and other scholastic materials.
• Organize meetings with the guardians, committees and Local leaders.
• Build a Primary school
• To support orphans /homes and guardians
• Identify and register orphans
• Take their pictures
• Update their profiles.
• School supplies and bag pack distribution
Back to School Giveaway
School Supplies and Bag pack distribution program
The purpose Backpack and School Supply distribution is to ensure that low-income and foster children in grades K-12 start the school year with the tools they need, feeling prepared and ready to learn. The Back to School Giveaway Event relies on volunteers. Volunteers are normally assist by answering phones to register students for the event, sorting donations, packing backpacks, and distributing supplies to students. Volunteers are essential to the success of this program.
1. Books (fiction & non-fiction)
2. #2 Pencils
5. Crayons 6. Backpacks
7. Colored Pencils
10. Post-It Notes
1.0. Goal of the project- Summer Food program
For the summer food programs during the summer school vacation period; will be provided food for number of kids in our community. HOPE FOR THE FUTURE OF CHILDREN IN HAITI, INC each year create a summer food service outreach program. Meals will be made available at no charge to attending children 18 years of age and younger who have enrolled in our program.
The breakfast and summer food programs are vital components for providing nutritious meals to children throughout our community. And also, to help them achieve academic success and overall good health.
1.0 Toy Drive for kids
Feeding the kids and provide what we can for them is our vision. Each year, we rely on generous gifts from friends and other social groups to make their Christmas easier. Sometimes there are moments when kid will share a bright smile because of little gifts from someone that shows that he cares. It is a sacred moment.
When we are looking for gifts for Kids, our target always:
The project coordinator He/ she carries out the following activities
1. Planning coordination and implementation of project activities
2. Day to day management of project office and project /or project staffs
3. Reports to the executive committees
4. Description of the water problem in Haiti
5. They do not have clean water to drink. Fetching water is one of the hardest parts of the day for kids, and women. They are exhausted from the distance they have to walk to get the water, and by the time they got home most of the water had already sloshed out along the way. That water is full of deadly bacteria, parasites, and waterborne diseases.
6. If you say “YES, I WANT TO HELP”, really what you are saying is: no to malaria, measles, worms, and other terrible parasites, tuberculosis, cholera, yellow fever, diarrhea, and dysentery.
7. On a scale of 10 women (young girls to adults) 9 of them are sick with vaginal infection, chronicle diseases, and Guinea-worms. Guinea-worms can cause crippling, and bacterial diseases such as trachoma that can lead to blindness. Only your ticket money should stop you to go and see that with your own eyes. Worms are growing inside of them kids sometimes three feet in length.
8. About Health Problem
9. This is very disheartening, considering that the parent had to travel for about five hours walking with the sick child just to get to the clinic. Or if you don’t want to walk, the other option is to ride a motorcycle for U.S $1.05 depends of the sick person condition and most of the time that sounds like a big box for them. As a last resort the parents would have to return back home and give the child a home remedy which is herbal medicine. Now imagine the same scenario for the elderly, pregnant women who are in a complicated condition needing to give birth.
10. Malnutrition is one of the main killers for the children and I suspect that many of the adults are suffering from acid reflux, hypertension, diabetes and muscle and joint pains. There are also cases where people are taking Pepto-Bismol for Asthma, and go to the voodoo priest for a hernia. You will also find people who do not have anything to take when they have a case of diarrhea.
11. The rural area where I have been working has one medical center; the doctor only comes to the area every Tuesdays, and Thursdays. If you miss him/her during these two times of the week, you have to travel from the orphanage to the main city.
Statement of the problem
The majority of the village engages in subsistence agriculture leaving no means of earning money to purchase high quality protein to supplement the diet. Hunger results in high susceptibility to disease, lack of energy, and in extreme cases lack of full development of the mind and body.
Therefore, this project seeks to provide basic elements of food security clean water, health and hunger for the kids, in Haiti. The main objective of this project is to improve the livelihoods of the community through increase awareness on the causes of the problems and to design mechanisms of reducing the burden of poverty but also provide them with some of the basic tools to lift themselves out of poverty.
A poverty, disease and hunger free community that is able to sustainable manage its natural resource base for improved livelihoods
To improved livelihoods through practicing basic community health care, and also, provide a sustainable soil and water conservation technologies.
I. To increase awareness in Sustainable agriculture: (Soil and water conservation, and livestock)
II. To increase the communities health and environment by preventing disease
III. To address the water and sanitation through rainwater harvest and protection of well springs
Profile of the community HOPE FOR THE FUTURE OF CHILDREN IN HAITI, INC Target in 2016-2020
0-4 years 19.2%
5-15 years 27.9%
16-45 years 49.3%
65+ years 3.6%
Population aged 6+ years that never attended school
Households by type of fuel for lighting
House hold by type of fuel for cooking
Charcoal 1.5 %
Household having access to safe drinking water
Piped water 0.0%
House hold by main source of livelihood
Subsistence farming 83.8%
Commercial farming 3.7%
Employment Income 0.0%
Family support 2.7%
Life Expectancy 48. Years
Infant mortality 97 per 1000
Probability of death before 5 years 14.55
Work Plan and Budgets
Work plan and budgets
Work Plan and Budgets - Codes / Cost in USD ($)
Please Contact us if you would like additional information:
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org (678) 683-0818
Copyright 2010 - 2015 Hope For The Future Now, Inc. All Rights Reserved.